Updated: Aug 30, 2020
We usually go to our local Thai restaurant a couple of times a week but with the quarantine we haven't been out to eat for about four months now. Although we are so grateful for all the things we do have, we have all really missed our favorite red curry with shrimp immensely and so I was a mama on a mission to recreate their delicious red curry. I cannot express my joy when my girls said "jackpot" after quite a few tries. What I love about this recipe is that its so versatile. You can use any protein and or vegetable that you choose. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
2 lbs (1 packet wild, deveined, cleaned raw shrimp from Trader Joe’s)
3-4 tablespoons red curry paste
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
1 can coconut milk
1 -2 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 can baby corn cut in pieces
2 tablespoons lemon grass paste
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1 eggplant cut into small cubes. You can use any vegetable you choose but if using eggplant you must fry it till it’s 99 % done before adding it to the curry
1. Soak your eggplant in salted water for 20 minutes and drain. Pat it dry and deep fry till 99% done. Place in strainer so all the oil drains out.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in your wok. When oil is hot add the curry paste. Sauté it for a couple of minutes. Now add the coconut milk. Mix and cook it for a few minutes.
3. Add your fish sauce, chili garlic and lemongrass. Your eggplant should be nicely drained by now. Give your eggplant a nice squeeze with your slotted spoon to drain any excess oil and then add your shrimp.
4. Let it cook till the shrimp turns pink. Don’t overcook it.
5. Serve with Jasmin or coconut rice.
If you like this recipe, don't forget to share it with your friends and show some love on Instagram at @asliceofgourmet. Cheers