Updated: Aug 30, 2020
I love East meets West type of drinks. The sweet of the guava combined with the spices are absolutely delicious and makes for a phenomenal mocktail. Cumin is one of my favorite spices. I love the way it enhances flavors in different foods but I especially love the way it enhances the guava, lime and Chaat masala. I served this at a dinner party last summer and I can't even begin to tell you how popular it was.
2 whole guavas/bottled guava juice
1 tbsp cumin roasted and slightly crushed
1 tsp chaat masala
2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
1 healthy punch black salt
Juice of 1 lime
Trader Joes Chile lime seasoning
1 small bunch of mint leaves very finely chopped
1/2 bottle sprite
1. Combine the guavas, chaat masala, red chili powder, black salt, mint leaves and sprite in a blender jar and grind them till a smooth puree is formed.
2. Add ice to the blend and keep it aside.
3. Now cut a lime in half and run it around the rim of a glass.
4. Take your Trader Joes Chile lime seasoning and pour it on a small plate.
5. Dip the lime coated rim of the cup into the Chile lime seasoning till it’s covered well.
6. Now pour your drink in the coated glass. Garnish with roasted cumin and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, don't forget to share it with your friends and show some love on Instagram at @asliceofgourmet. Cheers!